June 09, 2012 :: Posted by - kittyluver :: Category - Health
Cats are great companions. The cats look good and are very good at keeping the mice at bay. These creatures are pretty cool. Before petting a cat, there are few things that need to be known. Let us discuss about it here.
1. In general the cats are independent animals. But they are not capable of that, you should be aware. Hence one should make sure that he should have sufficient time to take care of these animals on daily basis. Even you are extremely busy, you should allot specific time in a day to spend on these creatures. Some breeds are extremely sensitive and intelligent and the personal attention is must. Such breeds should never be thought of by busy people. There are some breeds that require less attention, such breeds should be selected by those who are not sure of spending time with these lovely cats.
2. The circumstances may change after you adopt the cat. Which is very much possible as one can not predict the future to hundred percent. You may be working long hours in office and may like to have a greeting face at home to receive you. In such cases you should be able to provide one companion for the cat adopted.
3. There are people who are prone to allergic reactions. Such people should test them for feline allergy before adopting a cat. Such people should select the cat breed that is likely to generate less allergen. You can take the advice of the vet or person at the shelter.
4. The cat should be taken to the near by vet clinic for routine health check up before bringing the animal home. The cat should be neutered as soon as possible if the age and health permits it. The cast’s sharp claw should be taken care to avoid the furniture and the other objects from scratch.
5. The owner should get a good litter box. It is better to go in for closed litter boxes which are good for cats as well as your privacy. The litter box should be kept clean and dry which is good for the health of the cat. The food purchased should be of good quality and well balanced. The vet in the near by vicinity should be consulted for buying the food that is good for the cat.
6. The cats like to play. The cat can be provided with string, feathers, toy mice, empty boxes etc for amusement. There is no need for the playing things to be expensive. The toys can be homemade. All one has to do is that the toy provided should keep the cat active, mentally occupied and happy.
7. There is a definite need for scratching pole if you want the sofa and other furniture to be protected from the cat’s claws.
8. The cat should be properly trained. The cat nip and freeze dried nuggets are very good bribe for the cat’s training.
9. The cat should be insured. We pray that you do not require this. But it is better to be safe than sorry.
10. If you plan to bring home a kitten, then it is good to start the grooming routine early.