Cat Kidney Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment
September 14, 2007 :: Posted by - kittyluver :: Category - Diseases
Cat kidney disease is rarely diagnosed during life but it is possible to detect renal damage by the following criteria-
- Clinical signs
- Estimation of blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and serum creatinine
- Routine urine analysis and other renal functio tests
- Renal biopsy
- Hemotological examination for anemia
- Cultural examination of blood
- Histopathology after postmortem examination
Treatment of Cat Kidney Disease
Since kidney disease of cat has a complex etiology, symptoms, treatment has to be resorted to until etiology is established. A course of systemic antibiotics to check bacterial infection followed by fluid and electrolyte therapy and multi-vitamin supplementation will be useful.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.